Beaulieu is a village located on the south eastern edge of the New Forest National Park in Hampshire. It is home to the Palace House and the British National Motor Museum. The village has remained unspoilt and is a favourite tourist stop for visitors to the New Forest, and also for bird spotters.
Palace House, which overlooks the village from across the Beaulieu River began in 1204 as the gatehouse to Beaulieu Abbey and has been the ancestral home of a branch of the Montagu family since 1538, when it was bought from the Crown following the dissolution of the monasteries by Henry VIII.
Although still home to the current Lord and Lady Montagu, parts of the house and gardens are open daily to the public.
Beaulieu National Motor Museum is a collection of over 250 automobiles and motorcycles that tell the story of motoring on the roads of Britain from the dawn of motoring to the present day.
The collection ranges from world land speed record breakers to film and TV favourites, such as the Flying Ford Anglia from the Harry Potter films.